Saturday, August 31, 2013

[RECIPE] Sortedfood's recipe: Chocolate Cake-in-a-mug

I always crave for something sweet, and that's a really big problem for me. A single serving of chocolate cake can satisfy me without me overeating more sweets~

Out of all the recipes I came across, Sorted Food's chocolate cake-in-a-mug recipe seems to be the most foolproof and simplest one. I did some minor changes to their recipe:

Chocolate Cake-in-a-mug (single serving):
2 tbsp self-raising flour*
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp coffee powder
1 tbsp  sugar (the chocolate chips I have at home are really sweet, so I use less sugar)
1 (small) egg
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp milk
chocolate chips

*self-rasing flour: 1.25 (all-purpose flour) to 0.25 (baking powder) ratio 


1) In a large microwave-safe mug, mix all the dry ingredients together with a fork (flour, cocoa, coffee powder, sugar). Add an egg and mix well.
Cake-in-a-mug: mix dry ingredients and egg together

 2) Add in milk and oil and stir.
Cake-in-a-mug: mix in milk and oil

3) Add in any other ingredients you would like to put into your cake (ie: nuts, chocolate chips, berries). Whenever I add chocolate chips, they end up at the bottom of the cake, so I tend to not stir them into the mixture.
Cake-in-a-mug: add chocolate chips

4) Microwave for about 2.5 min (according to Sorted Food). Time depends on your microwave. Mine is 1200W and I microwaved mine for about 1 min.

Cake-in-a-mug: microwaved at 1200W for ~1 min
5) Rest for 1 minute before digging in. The final result should be an airy, spongy cake. Unfortunately the chocolate chips always sinks to the bottom, but that didn't bother me much.
Cake-in-a-mug: rest for 1 min
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment